Thursday, April 22, 2010

VIP #1


So, I'm having problems getting to sleep tonight and I'm obviously burnt out on studying...so I figured I would start my first blog in a series entitled VIP...very important people in my life. These people will be talked about in no particular order, just as they come to mind. One person I am so thankful to have in my life is my best friend from elementary school, high school, and my college roommate...Tiffany. It really is true that a good friend is hard to find these days. I know I'm guilty of becoming so self-absorbed or selfish sometimes that I'm not the kind of friend I should be, and it gets hard to keep in touch with all my friends who are spread all over the Southeast and beyond. However, it seems that no matter how long is has been since we talked, we can call each other or get together and it's as if we never were apart.


Tiffany and I became the best of friends in Mrs. Roberts' second grade class, and we were inseparable after that. Tiff basically lived at my house when we were in high school. We shared so many things together: making the JV cheerleading squad and having everyone hate us for it, battling head lice, heartbreaks, cheerleader camp in Tutweiler, and nearly getting attacked by a bear in Gatlinburg...but no matter what, we stuck by each other's side. I think with the two of us the saying really is true that one day you will look back on all the times you cried and laugh and all the times you laughed and cry. Anyone who knew us in high school can vouche that no matter where "Chanelle and Lashonda" were, something entertaining was going on.


Living in Troy together just added more fond memories like nearly getting thrown out of Hunter's Mountain because they wouldn't cut our grass. And every night at 10:00, no matter what else we had to do, we would crawl in Tiffany's bed with some kind of snack (usually nachos or macaroni and cheese) and watch an hour of Will and Grace before we fell asleep. I wouldn't trade all the memories we have shared for anything in the world. I'm thankful to have someone in my life who has always stuck by me and I know I can call on and she will be there for me in a minute. I love you Lashonda! :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment