Sunday, June 20, 2010

Let Go and Let God

The song I have had stuck in my head for the past few days is a very fitting one for me. It is "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in telling God what He needs to do and how He needs to do it, that I forget that He is the one in control of my life. You know, it's funny, when I look back on my life and some of the things I have prayed for, I know that if some of those things had come true, my life would be very different than it is today. I find comfort in knowing that one day, I'm going to look back on today...and know that everything that was going on in my life had a purpose. It's hard for me right now to see what that purpose is, but I am confident that there is one.

I'm a big fan of the song "Something Beautiful" by NeedToBreathe. I think it's because that's kind of how I have always envisioned my life--beautiful. I want an awesome husband who I am totally in love with...I want children, and I was to raise them in a Godly home. I want to be in love with my job and really make an impact on people's lives. I know that sounds like a lot to ask for, but is it really? I don't want to sound conceited but I think I deserve that! So one day when I have all that, I hope I can appreciate the bumps along the road to it!

Changing the subject now, I had a fantastic weekend! Friday night we had a sleepover at the cabin...Bethany, Ashton, Amellia, and I. We have a way of making any random night the most fun. I am so very blessed with the best friends. Saturday Bethany, Baylee, Ashton, and I met Tiff and her family in Destin and went to Big Kahunas for the day! Aside from Ashton's stalker, Ashton and Bethany wiping out, Ashton not having her ID...now that I look back, I think most of the problem's of the day were Ashton's...we had a really fun day! We went back to Tiff's condo and showered and met my parents at the Crab Trap for dinner. Today I spent some time with my grandparents and with my Dad to celebrate Father's Day. I am so blessed to have a Dad who has supported me in everything. As I have said before, I would never be where I am today without his emotional and financial support and encouragement. I love you Dad!!

In closing, I have a special prayer request. My Mom's mother, my Granny, has recently found out a leaky valve she has had for awhile is getting worse. If she doesn't have surgery to repair it, she is going to progressively get worse. She has decided to have the surgery, in hopes of improving her quality of life. She is in such good spirits about it...so optimistic. She has already overcome a stroke, a severely broken leg, and many other health problems. She is such a fighter! I hope to be like that one day. I am so proud of her. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated!

In closing, I just want to thank my friends...you know who you are...I couldn't get through life without y'all. You always know what to say or do to make me feel good or laugh. God truly blessed me with you guys. I love you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Brittany. I love Something Beautiful! It gets stuck in my head every time I hear it on the radio! I will pray for your Granny.

    ReplyDelete